The well known phrase “you are what you eat” isn’t entirely accurate. This is because everything you eat doesn’t become “you”. And thank goodness for that!
A lot of what you eat doesn’t make the cut as far as building materials, and it has to be eliminated. If that eliminatory process is hindered in any way, trouble starts brewing fast. Your digestion, assimilation, and elimination is the very foundation of your health. Yet, the elimination factor isn’t talked about nearly enough today. Poo is taboo, and it’s becoming a big problem.
So many chronic illnesses are tied to poor elimination. Obvious things like constipation and hemorrhoids, but also not-so-obvious things like chronic fatigue and cancer. Today we’re covering some of the big issues with conventional methods of poop behavior (this might be the first time that “poop behavior” has been written, by the way), plus one of the most remarkable solutions that’s already helping countless people improve their health. Bobby Edwards is leading the charge in the mission to get folks educated about elimination, and he’s here today to share his family’s story, plus some game-changing insights that can support your health for a lifetime.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What elimination means on a deeper level.
- Why fats are critical for the “brain” of your cells.
- Why the Squatty Potty was born out of necessity.
- How the human bowel is actually designed to prevent unwarranted pooping.
- Why squatting is the optimal position to completely eliminate waste.
- Why modern day toilets present a host of potential health issues.
- How straining on the toilet can be linked to cardiovascular problems.
- Why there are often books or magazines in modern day bathrooms.
- What hemorrhoids are (and what causes them).
- How your pelvic floor works and what happens during prolapse.
- The shocking rates of diverticulosis and how likely people are to get it.
- How constipation is intimately linked to colon cancer.
- Whether or not adding more fiber will help to improve your health.
- What tends to cause constipation when you travel.
- What safe, smart solution you can use to ensure you’re pooping properly when you’re on the road.
- How your gut bacteria actually change when you change time zones.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Squattypotty.com/model ⇐ Get yours right here at an exclusive 15% off!
- Epigenetics & The Biology Of Belief – With Guest Dr. Bruce Lipton
- Squatty Potty on Shark Tank
- This Unicorn Changed The Way I Poop – You’ve got to see this video!
- How To Move Your DNA – With Guest Katy Bowman
- Gluten-Free Reloaded ⇐ Information about resistant starch on this episode
- Sleep Smarter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!