How long do you choose to live? Have you ever thought about that before?
Life is such a delicate thing, yet it’s not something to experience without a zest and vigor that throws caution to the wind, and pulls every ounce out of this opportunity.
Rationality would say that the longer you live, the more opportunity for experiences you have. This is definitely true if, of course, you’re taking full advantage of the situation called “your life”.
Many people live less in terms of number of years, but far more in terms of experiences, fullness, and impact. Abraham Lincoln said, “It’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” So when you decide how long you want to live and walk in that direction, make sure that it’s tied to a strong enough why and add plenty of life to those years you’re vying for.
Today we have an absolutely phenomenal teacher, healer, and guide to help you live a longer, more fruitful life. Christiane Northrup, M.D., is a true pioneer and leading authority in the field of health and wellness. She’s here to share some powerful insights that will last you a lifetime (and a much longer, healthier lifetime at that!). So, click play, take good notes, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What being ageless really means.
- Where the concept of a retirement age came from.
- A powerful study from Harvard University that showed how your belief system affects your aging.
- What specific attributes that centenarians (people who are 100+ years old) all over the world share.
- What righteous anger is.
- Why over-screening for diseases could be problematic (this is important!).
- What stage zero cancer is and the impact it’s having on our society.
- Why the inventor of the PSA test for men’s prostates regrets introducing it to the world.
- Some small pros and cons to consider about marijuana use.
- Why curiosity and asking questions can be a tremendous key to long-term health.
- How to reset your taste buds.
- What it means to savor the pleasure of food.
- How your DNA might be influencing your environment.
- How movement is tied to longevity.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Duolingo App
- Dr. Wendy Suzuki – Healthy Brain, Happy Life – The Model Health Show
- Ellen Langer Harvard Study on Belief and Aging
- Dr. Mario Martinez Research on Centenarians
- Dr. Susan David – Emotional Agility – The Model Health Show
- The Truth About Breast Cancer – The Model Health Show
- The Answer To Cancer – The Model Health Show
- The Secret Life Of Plants
- Connect with Dr. Northrup on Facebook / Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!