The work you do for a living matters.
It matters to your health, it matters to your relationships, and it matters to your overall success. The work you choose to do each day is not something to take lightly.
Sometimes life can sweep us up, and we end up spending our days doing things that we don’t enjoy. We all know that sometimes we’ve got to “do what we’ve got to do”, but when does doing what we’ve got to do actually come to an end?
Research shows that poor job satisfaction and high work stress elevates your risk of depression, heart disease, obesity, and even early death. As crazy as it may sound, the data shows that disliking your job can actually kill you (take that job! Oh wait, I’m the one who dies…), so wouldn’t now be a good time to do something about it?
Whether you are doing work you enjoy, but feeling trapped by it, or not yet doing work you love, and looking to make a change, this episode is going to be eye opening for you.
Today you’ll get to learn from the brilliant man behind the brand Smart Passive Income (or SPI for all the cool people :)).
Pat Flynn is an incredible teacher, with an incredible story, and an incredible amount of resources to share with you.
If anyone can help you get from good to great with doing the work you enjoy, it’s him. Truly, the insights you’ll get from Pat can very well change the course of your life forever if you’re ready.
Before pushing play, I want you to know that you are special. No joke, I really mean that…
You are a unique human being with unique gifts and experiences that are more valuable than you may realize when it comes to doing work that you enjoy.
Whatever you decide to target for your career, or even in starting your own business, I want you to ask: What skills, talents, capacities, and/or experiences do I have that can help make me successful in this venture? Ask the question, then write down what you’ve got. You’ll be surprised at just how qualified you are to do the thing that you really love. That’s why you love it!
No one said this was going to be easy. But, I will say today that it is going to be worth it. The first step: Getting knowledge from the people who have gone before you. It all starts for you right now!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why doing work that you don’t enjoy may be impacting your health and fitness.
- Why “doing everything right” doesn’t always equate to achieving what you want.
- How providing value, even if you do it for free, can turn into a profitable career.
- Why you owe it to yourself and society to do work that you enjoy.
- What the law of reciprocity is and how it can transform your life.
- Why the concerns of “being an expert” prevent many people from having success.
- How the struggles in your life (especially when deciding to do work you love) can develop you better than anything else.
- What part of your brain literally seeks out resources to help you achieve your goals.
- Why you need to learn what you’re good at versus what you need help with. (The quicker, the better!)
- Why failure is misconstrued in our society.
- How you can get lost by not doing the “right work”, not having a map, and not asking for help.
- What great tips you can use to have better work/life integration.
- Why you need to appreciate the “small wins”.
- Why health & wellness programs are growing rapidly within businesses today.
- How improving your health can radically improve your results at work.
- How accountability can help you in business, health, and life.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
* Internet Business Mastery – Podcast
* The Smart Passive Income Podcast (iTunes / Stitcher)
* The Lean Start Up by Eric Ries
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!