In this episode we’re happy to welcome Olympian Catherine Garceau on to talk about her experience from the high-pressure arena of being a world class athlete.
Even though people might consider Olympic athletes to be the ultimate representation of health, Catherine was struggling with body image issues, binge eating, and emotional eating.
She’s on today to share her story and valuable insights that helped her to find a place of balance, health, and true self-love. She’s had many challenges and barriers along the way, but she’s taken her valuable experience and is now helping others to overcome their body image issues, eating disorders, and emotional eating.
Millions of people worldwide struggle with eating disorders. It’s a subject that’s all to often kept in the dark in our society. Catherine is taking the courageous steps to shine a light on this topic and help as many people as possible. Whether you’ve had issues with food in the past or not, you’re going to learn a ton about being more in control of your mind and body, developing more self-confidence, and living the life that you’ve always wanted to live.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why “mental training” gives you the edge even if your competition might be better than you.
- Why doing what you love everyday is the secret to being successful.
- How eating disorders can be heavily triggered by stress.
- Why you want to target the root cause of eating disorders and depression instead of masking it with medication.
- The chemical added to most swimming pools can damage your immune system.
- Why “reframing” binge eating is a key to taking back control of your mind and body.
- What your internal “eaters” are and why you need to know them.
- Why binge eating has some positive historical connections.
- How “permission” can help you eliminate the negative feelings associated with binge eating.
- Why the whole practice of eating needs to be unique to YOU as an individual.
- What the 7 Keys to Eating 360 are and why each one is important.
- What EFT is and how it can be helpful for eating disorders (and many other things).
- Why an Olympian who trained 7-hours a day says that exercising LESS will get you better results.
- How sleep can help resolve eating disorders and curb cravings.
- Why this Olympian is so passionate about emotional freedom.
Get access to Eat 360 right here:
Items mentioned in this podcast:
The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living
Sorry about the phone ringing at her location during the interview (it’s REAL life… no filters… I hope you appreciate that 😉 Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!