Mahatma Gandhi’s epic quote, “Be the change you want to see in the world,” begins in your own home.
Our family, friends, and (most importantly) our children are mimicking and modeling us more than we know.
Science has proven that we are, in fact, a direct product of our environment. You can set up an environment that cultivates healthy automatically as a side effect. Or, on the flip side, you can unconsciously be setting up an environment that breeds low energy, obesity, and poor health if you’re not careful.
Today’s show is all about how to set things up in your life so that your family has the health, fitness, and vitality that they deserve. There are lots of fun ideas and insights here, so click play, enjoy, and put a few things into action!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why we all need to get plenty of “nutritious movement”.
- The shocking amount of time that the average person spends sitting.
- The functions that mirror neurons have in our brains.
- What intuition really is.
- Why most people workout despite having kids.
- How parents end up compromising their health in order to facilitate their kid’s activities.
- 9 different family fitness ideas that you can easily add in to your lives.
- How playground workouts can be fun for kids AND parents.
- How to utilize your local gym as your kids get older.
- What my 14-year old son has to say about growing up witnessing my focus on health.
- How “coopertition” works to improve the connection with your family fitness habits.
- 4 critical tips for involving your kids in family fitness.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
How Sitting Can Destroy Your Health – The Model Health Show
Move Your DNA by Katy Bowman
Shawn Stevenson on Instagram
The Good Dad Project Podcast (iTunes / Website) <– Check out our new show here!
Interview with Chalene Johnson – The Model Health Show
Interview with Bob Proctor – The Model Health Show
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!