All exercise is not created equal. Just like calories, there are good forms, not-so-good forms, and everything in between.
To get the body and health you want, it’s critical that you learn to exercise smarter and not just harder. In our society of over-indulgence, we can latch on to the idea that if a little running is good, then running a half marathon a day must be better.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
What it boils down to is beginning with the end in mind. What are your real, desired goals? What is the end result that you really want? If you want to complete an Iron Man, fine, go for the endurance training to help you build the capacity to do it. If your goal is fat loss and looking better in your birthday suit, then I’ve got a much faster and more efficient way of helping you get there. It’s called High Intensity Interval Training or you can call it HIIT for short.
There isn’t one single form of exercise that’s more effective than HIIT for fat loss. Piles and piles of research are stacking up showing that HITT is in a league of it’s own. It works, but only if you work it. So today you’re going to learn 15 different ways to do HIIT that you can use whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or more advanced in your condition and physique.
And you know how we do it! We’re going to take things 10 steps further and share with you exactly how HIIT works so effectively to change your body. We’re going to get into an awesome conversation about muscle fiber types, hormones, plus a whole lot more. Let’s go!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- One of the biggest exercise mistakes people make when trying to loss fat.
- What type of exercise can cause you to lose muscle tissue and store MORE fat.
- The ONLY exercise that humans are unquestionably designed for (reality check time!)
- How many voluntary muscles and muscle fibers that the human body has.
- Why your various muscle fiber types have a huge impact on fat loss.
- 4 ways that HIIT improves your metabolism.
- What glycogenolysis is and how it relates to energy and body fat.
- How high intensity interval training triggers an enzyme that breaks down fat.
- Why so many people have subconscious fears about moving quickly.
- The top 15 ways to do HIIT for fat loss.
- How to use time or distance to create HIIT with sprints.
- The safest and easiest way that people can start adding HIIT to their exercise (it’s #2 on the list!)
- How to use an inexpensive jumprope to do HIIT (and the best exercise to do!)
- How to use “speed play” as an alternative to intervals.
- What type of HIIT takes as little as 4 minutes!
- The #1 way to use kettlebells for fat loss (but you’d better know how to do this right!)
- What fun tool you can use for HIIT that was once used by warriors.
- How to use ascending and descending sets in your exercise.
- The most overlooked type of HIIT (#14 will surprise you and it’s super effective!)
- How often to do HIIT for the best results.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
Shawn Stevenson on Instagram
Kettlebell Swing Tutorial
Medicine Ball Slam Tutorial
The Fat Loss Code <== The #1 Body Transformation Program
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!