In the words of Lauren Hill, “It could all be so simple… but you’d rather make it hard.” The action steps to creating the success we want, be it in our health, our career, our finances, or anything else, are unequivocally simple. But, every-single-day many of us fall flat on our faces trying to execute on the actions necessary.
Here’s the thing… nobody tripped us. Nobody pushed us down onto the floor. Dare I say, we actually trip ourselves? It’s like walking along throughout the day knowing that our shoes strings are untied. It’s just a matter of time before we stumble. Self-sabotage carries many different faces, and one of the most sinister is the face of unpreparedness.
On your path to achieving what you want, stuff is going to happen. It is what it is. And, if you’re not prepared, then you are metaphorically looking down at your shoes strings blowing in the wind as you decide to take off on a dead sprint. Face plant, here I come!
We’re typically not prepared to follow through on the simple action steps to get what we want because we have glaring holes in our game. Today, more than ever, those holes lie in one (or more) of five major categories – nutrition, fitness, mindset, sleep, and stress management. If you are not cultivating competence in these five key areas, it’s only a matter of time before you waive the white flag and forfeit your goals that are totally obtainable.
This simply doesn’t have to be your story. Learning the art and science of peak performance is the key to executing on the actions you need to take each day without conking out. Today we have on expert performance coach and bestselling author Jairek Robbins to give you the tools you need to live your best life and stop settling for average results.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why your peer group is a huge determinant on your success in life.
- Why asking a successful person to mentor you is a terrible idea (unless you do this one important thing).
- How being too attached to outcomes can sabotage you.
- What it means to be an example or a warning.
- Why having an average life is not as good as you may think.
- How tracking metrics in different areas of your life can dramatically improve your results.
- How our emotional state is driven by choice.
- Incredible insights and encouragement you can use to change your habits.
- What it means to “turn towards” in your relationships.
- Why it’s a good idea to create a backup version of your daily routine.
- The truth about how to influence the people you care about to make positive changes.
- Why many of us are treating ourselves like hostages each day.
- How mindset, nutrition, breathwork, and exercise all play a crucial role in your success.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Create Your Perfect Day – With Jairek Robbins – Episode 108
- The Power Of No – With James Altucher – Episode 217
- Mood Meter App
- Care Dogs Instagram Inspiration
- Themodelhealthshow.com/performance <== Get the new program here!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!