You’ve probably heard the statement, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” But if that’s the case, why do so many of us shy away from adversity? Why, when the chips are down, do we sometimes feel like we can’t move past the hard times?
Part of it is perception. It’s not what happens to us, but how you respond to what happens that tells the real tale of the results in our lives. How you perceive the challenge will be your experience of the challenge. You can see it as the ultimate thing that will take you down, or the greatest gift that’s going to push you to take your life to the next level.
The other part is readiness for the challenge. It might seem that we are ill-equipped at times to overcome our hardships. Yet, if we dive deep and keep moving forward, we’ll often find that the strength was in us all along.
You are not always going to be ready for a specific adversity, but you can train yourself mind, body, and spirit to be ready at all times for life’s toughest situations. That’s what today’s guest discovered, and now her story is inspiring hundreds of thousands of people around the globe.
My guest today is the one and only JJ Virgin. She’s a multiple time New York Times bestselling author, speaker, trainer, and all around superstar. Her book The Virgin Diet hit the market and spread like wildfire. She jumped from interview to interview around the country to promote the book and made her long-awaited dream come true. But, all the while she was dealing with the most challenging experience of her life.
It would take everything she had to make it through it, and JJ was ready and willing to step up to the plate. Today you’re going to learn how ensure that you’re ready for life’s toughest challenges on the way to your dreams. You’re going to learn how to develop the mindset of a true champion, the Miracle Mindset, and set an unstoppable course towards making your own visions a reality.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How even the best universities are teaching people bad nutrition science.
- Which “healthy” sugar is dangerous to your liver and gut lining.
- Why fresh-pressed juices might make you fat.
- The #1 disempowering belief that people carry in regards to their body and lifestyle.
- The surprising family struggle JJ was going through during her first book launch.
- What guiding principle JJ held with dealing with her son’s recovery.
- How extreme self-care can be integral to overcoming adversity.
- Why you need to focus on getting stronger instead of having things easier.
- What it takes to develop the Miracle Mindset.
- Why operating from a scarcity mindset can hurt you and others.
- How to instantly increase your sense of abundance and being “enough”.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- The Sugar Impact Diet
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!