I love the quote from Marianne Williamson that says, “With confidence, you can reach truly amazing heights; without confidence, even the simplest accomplishments are beyond your grasp.”
How much does confidence really play into our lives? Well, if we take a step back we can see that confidence plays a major role in ALL of the decisions we make. Humans don’t act without an underlying sense of confidence. We have confidence in simple things like our ability to walk out our front door and successfully make it to our job. And we have confidence in bigger things like telling someone you love them for the first time, choosing the right college to attend, or going after the dream career we really want. How much confidence we carry will decide how strongly we approach all these things, or even if we decide do them at all!
Here’s the thing… confidence is a learned behavior. Sure, there are outliers that have a genetically higher tolerance for risk, but for the most part, the most confidence people on the planet built that confidence by doing the work. Now, the question is, what does that work actually entail? How can we all build our confidence so that we are showing up better in our work, in our relationships, and in our health practices? To answer that, I decided to bring on one of the most confident people I know. She’s an undefeated world champion, she’s been successful in everything from boxing, to dancing, to hosting network television, to being a mom (which can be the most demanding thing on confidence of all!). She’s here today on The Model Health Show to share her story, and to share how she was able to build her confidence despite meeting adversity around many corners. Just click play, listen in, and enjoy this conversation with the one and only Laila Ali.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Laila first became interested in boxing (and it’s not what you think!).
- Why doing work that you love doesn’t really feel like work.
- The little known outside the ring battles that challenged Laila during her boxing career.
- Why it can be difficult to uncover what you’re passionate about when you enter a new chapter of your life.
- What inspired Laila to focus on creating a new career in health & wellness.
- Why confidence is so important, and how to build it!
- What Laila’s #1 fear is (yep, it’s the fear that a champion would have!).
- How valuable failure really is and how it improves our lives.
- Why Laila doesn’t follow any diet framework 100% (this is important!).
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Thrive Market Exclusive – 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Laila Ali’s DELICIOUS Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!