Initially I was surprised to find out that poor sleep quality has been linked to financial debt and lower income. In our culture, we’re led to believe that in order to be successful you’ve got to burn the midnight oil, keep working hard until you make it, and you can always sleep when you’re dead. And there lies the problem.
According to the research, if you’re not more mindful of your sleep quality, your chances of dying prematurely can skyrocket. And not only that, the very money that you’re sacrificing sleep to make, will be the same money you pay to try to get your health back again.
Today is a powerhouse show that’s going to help you optimize your sleep, be more productive, and add more vitality into your life. You’re going to learn incredible insights about the connection between sleep and sex, how sleep is the secret to long-term fat loss, plus a whole lot more. Fair warning: This may cause you to have the best sleep ever!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why we tend to sacrifice sleep for other things (the truth).
- Why sleep deprivation can cause an inability to lose weight.
- How exercise gets you in WORSE shape temporarily.
- The little-known connection between sleep and physical transformation.
- How being overweight can damage your sleep quality.
- What sleep apnea has to do with The Dark Knight Rises (funny, but true.)
- Why you can sleep the “right” amount of hours but still wake up tired.
- The truth about eating late at night (this is shocking!)
- Why the clothes you wear to bed can drastically impact your health (ranging from cancer to low sperm count).
- How sex and sleep are intimately related.
- Why the hormone prolactin is strongly linked to sleep (and how to produce more of it.)
- The surprising impact poor sleep quality can have on your finances.
- How sleep deprivation impacts your brain’s higher functions.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!