You’ve probably heard the quote that “timing is everything”. But what if it’s true? What if the key to better relationships, better health, and more success in our lives really isn’t just about what we do or how we do it, but when we do it that makes all of the difference in the world?
Today you’re going to learn about the fascinating research surrounding biological chronotypes. This cutting-edge science proves that there’s an optimal time for each person to do everything from eating a snack, to exercising, to having sex, to asking their boss for a raise that’s totally unique to their chronotype.
Board-certified sleep specialist and bestselling author Dr. Michael Breus is here to give you the skinny on how to tap into the potential of your chronotype and leverage The Power of When!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What inspired Dr. Breus to focus on clinical sleep medicine.
- What a biological chronotype is.
- Why Dr. Breus shifted his focus to assessing and treating his patients based on chronotypes.
- Which chronotype tends to be early risers and go-getters in their careers.
- Which chronotype makes up the greatest percentage of people in our society.
- How chronotypes finally help people realize there’s nothing “wrong” with them when they don’t fit into the norms of society.
- What a high/low sleep drive is.
- A surprising study that proves chronotherapy is an incredibly effective treatment for depression.
- The #1 historical event that disrupted our biological clocks.
- How jet lag and living in different parts of the world can affect your chronotype.
- What the perfect time is to ask your boss for a raise (the science will surprise you!).
- Which chronotype has a tendency to indulge in a late night snack.
- How the science of biological chronotypes relates to children.
- What the best time is to take a nap and how long a nap should be.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code modelhealth for 20% off & a free book
- Sleep Smarter Audiobook Amazon / Audible ⇐ Get the new audiobook here now!
- thepowerofwhenquiz.com ⇐ Take the free quiz right here!
- The Power Of When Amazon / Website ⇐ Pick up the new book right here now!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!