When it comes to stress, you’ve got three basic options today.
One, you can crumble under the weight of the stress, succumbing to things like heart disease, obesity, and depression that are all linked to chronic stress.
Two, you can run from the modern world and hideout in the mountains (grow a beard), in a monastery (shave your head and/or grow a beard), or even in a naturalist colony (renounce all of your clothing and/or grow a beard).
Three you can step up and do something to ensure that you are breaking the cycle of stress by learning how to enjoy our modern advances without being overrun by them. That’s what The Urban Monk is all about.
Dr. Pedram Shojai is here to share some of the most powerful insights you’ll ever hear for taking back control of your mind and overcoming stress in a hyper-stressful world. As you’ll discover today, modern day stress is like death from 1,000 cuts. It’s a slow cooking of your health and vitality that can leave you tired, sick, or something far worse.
Today it’s time to take back your power. It’s time to take back your body, mind, and energy so that you can use them to create the life you really want. Just click play and find out how.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why renouncing our modern lifestyle might not be the answer to health and happiness.
- What being “in the world but not of the world” can mean for busy people today.
- How modern day stress is like death by 1,000 cuts.
- Why there is a crisis of energy in the people of today.
- How cortisol is like a high interest credit card.
- Why multitasking is a lot of smoke and mirrors (and the best method for actually getting things done!)
- What specific things you can do to keep your energy high throughout the day.
- Why the information you’re taking in has such a profound impact on your life.
- How playing small ball is blocking you from having the greatest amount of energy possible.
- What it means to be “time poor” and how to become more wealthy with your time.
- What FOMO is and how it’s causing tremendous stress and ADD.
- What daily practice can strengthen and grow the most important part of your brain.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- The Urban Monk <== Get the new book right here!
- Instantly Boost Your Productivity – The Model Health Show
- SleepSmarterBook.com <== Check out these bonuses!!!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!