When we try to change our lives by trying to change our actions, we’ll often times find ourselves falling short. This is because trying to change our actions is like trimming the branches of the problem. The problem is still there (only prettier). The real change happens by targeting the roots. And the roots are your self-perception.
Every thought you think and corresponding action you take is based on the beliefs that you carry about yourself. Your mind is constantly playing a message to itself in the vein of, “I’m the type of person that…” You think, say, and do the things based on the type of person you believe yourself to be. Anything too far outside of those beliefs is generally off limits. And this is why change can be so hard.
The solutions starts with targeting those roots and “growing” your self-esteem. How can you have a new and better life if you don’t truly feel you’re worthy of a new and better life? Without doing an overhaul on your self-esteem and reprogramming your mental settings, you’ll find yourself self-sabotaging every step of the way. You’ll unknowingly be setting up boobietraps for yourself like that kid Data from the Goonies.
Today we have on the incredible Tom Bilyeu. Co-founder of the billion-dollar brand Quest Nutrition, and superhero in the world of mindset, motivation, and impact. After you hear Tom’s story, you’ll know there isn’t anyone better to tell you what it takes to change your self-perception and create the life you really want. Listen in, take good notes, and, most importantly, apply what you learn. Tom is dropping straight jewels, so click play and dive right in!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why having a personal impact on the world matters.
- Which medicinal mushroom is clinically proven to improve sleep.
- How Tom’s desire for a film career parlayed into entrepreneurship.
- How chasing money has significant pros and cons.
- What passion brings to the table when creating a successful life.
- How Quest Nutrition was born out of discontentment and not settling.
- Why we all need to find a way to love the process.
- How building a business is a lot like lifting weights.
- The profound benefits from being a part of and/or growing a community.
- How Michael Jordan’s “flu game” has a huge impact on Tom’s life.
- Why there’s currently a pandemic of the body and a pandemic of the mind.
- What inspired Tom to start investing in people and focus on helping others transform their mindset.
- What Impact Theory means.
- How to get out of a poverty mindset and cultivate a more positive, success-driven mindset.
- Why humans always lead with belief.
- Why you need to be careful about what you build your self-esteem around.
- How to use “I’m the type of person that…” statements to change your life.
- Why it’s important to give your beliefs legs.
- How to overcome struggles with people not supporting your vision.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Master Your Mindset – With Eric Thomas – Episode 120
- Antifragile – By Nassim Taleb
- Connect with Tom Website / Facebook / Instagram
- Impact Theory Youtube / iTunes
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!