The word ninja was once used to designate someone highly trained in martial arts (masked, deadly, and absolutely nothing to do with mutant turtles).
Currently, if you look up the definition of ninja, you’ll see that it’s used in a slightly different way. A ninja in our world today is defined as a person who excels in a particular skill or activity.
You can be a ninja at cooking desserts, a ninja at dancing, a ninja at videos games, and the list goes on and on. It’s just about having the audacity to develop the skills necessary to be great. That’s why I’m here to tell you that you, yes YOU, have the capacity to be an %$#-kicking ninja!
What better way to become a ninja than actually learning from a ninja yourself? My guest today is someone who has excelled in numerous skills, and has been able to transform this mastery into many areas of his life as a result.
He was actually a semi-finalist on the television show American Ninja Warrior that highlights some of the most elite all-around athletes in the world. And this all happened after he was faced with a devastating injury and thought that his athletic career was over.
This episode is not only about becoming the best version of yourself, it’s also about overcoming adversity, and utilizing your body in ways that help to empower your mind and emotions.
The truth is, we are all capable of so much more than we are achieving right now, but what holds us back are the mental barriers we’ve put up for ourselves. It’s the lack of belief, lack of motivation, and lack of perseverance that usually tell the story of how much we can achieve.
But, no more!!!
Today we take the necessary steps to learn how to gain more mastery over our bodies so that we can translate that over into more mastery in the other areas of our lives. You see, when you are able to overcome physical obstacles you thought were difficult (if not impossible!) that immediately expands your threshold for what you can overcome in your relationships, finances, career, and more.
Gaining more physical health and strength are so important because your body is the vehicle that you move through this life in. If you achieve, create, or experience anything, it’s through the amazing body that you have. It’s truly a special and sacred relationship. Right now you’re about to learn from Travis Brewer, a true ninja warrior himself, on how to become stronger in your body, overcome any obstacle you’re faced with, plus a whole lot more.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- One of the most potent things you can do when others get sick around you.
- What type of sugars have incredible healing properties.
- How a tragedy or physical injury can close one door but open many more.
- Why you must NEVER STOP TRAINING (so you are ready for when your moment comes).
- Why learning how to be strong in your body will make you strong mentally and spiritually as well.
- How keeping a positive mental attitude will help you in your progression.
- How overcoming physical obstacles translates to overcoming obstacles in our lives.
- Why children are more open and excited to try new things.
- Why technique really matters (in sport and in life).
- 5 essential exercises you can do to gain more control and ability with your body.
- The best progression exercises to help you do impressive pull-ups!
- What partner training is and how it can help you improve faster.
- How to develop powerful pressing ability for push ups and handstands.
- What the #1 core exercise is (and several variations for it!)
- What interesting things you can do to improve your grip strength.
- How to enable yourself to do single-leg squats (aka pistol squats).
- What the 4 keys are for achieving anything (Travis’ 4 P’s!)
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
* The Good Dad Project <– See pictures from our day at KOR here!
* KOR – Integrated Fitness
* Overcome Any Obstacle You’re Face With – Model Health Podcast
* Get Your Body Organized with Kelly Starrett – Model Health Podcast
* Travis on Instagram <– Check out Travis’ incredible Instagram page!
* Travis on Facebook
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!