Whether your goal is to lose weight, build muscle, or boost endurance, following a consistent nutrition approach is essential. Without proper planning, many of us become easily consumed by our busy schedules and turn to run-of-the-mill restaurants or packaged foods. Consequently, we end up consuming subpar fuel for our bodies.
Achieving one’s health and fitness goals does not happen by chance. It really boils down to creating an actionable plan and following through on it. This is why meal planning can be so powerful. By implementing a weekly meal prep routine you can plan your meals in advance, give your body the proper nutrients, and ultimately reach your goals.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, meal prep expert and superstar nutrition blogger Amanda Meixner is sharing her tried and true methods for meal planning like a boss! Amanda also shares her early struggles with eating (and how she ultimately found balance with food), how to start thinking about food as fuel (that can also be fun), and how you can implement meal prep strategies that fit your unique needs and lifestyle.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why failure is actually a huge key to big success.
- What it means to batch your meals for the week.
- Amanda’s top three tips for effective meal planning.
- Why purchasing the right containers can inspire you to cook healthier meals.
- The hidden inflammatory ingredients you might find in seemingly healthy packaged foods.
- Why making a salad jar is an smart (and attractive!) way to store leafy greens.
- How to create a routine and make batch cooking fun.
- What it means to eat more but weigh less.
- The importance of crafting a comprehensive grocery list.
- How to create variety in your meals by rotating seasonings and spices.
- How meal planning can reduce food waste.
- The truth about incorporating fats in your diet.
- The three biggest meal planning mistakes that most people make.
- How cooking at home can help you eat fewer calories.
- The best tools and hacks for simplifying food prep.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Thrivemarket.com/modelhealth ⇐ 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- MealPlan App
- The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Create a Culture of Health in Your Family – With Anne Stevenson – Episode 292
- Carb Cycling and the Sweet Potato Diet – With Michael Morelli – Episode 212
- Foods That Are Fighting Against Us – With Dr. Steven Gundry – Episode 249
- Fit Flavor
- Flavor God
- Instant Pot
- Egg Cooker
- Connect with Amanda Meixner Blog / Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!