The more we find out about our genes, the more fascinating our potential becomes.
It’s important to realize that our genes don’t control our lives. In fact, in many ways it’s the opposite. There are thousands of things we can do to influence our genetic expression. And that’s where the real adventure begins.
Today you’re going to discover some little known facts about your genes that might just change your life forever. You see, even though we humans have upwards of 20,000 genes we share collectively, some of those genes can misbehave. Our normally clean, well-functioning genes can get “dirty” and lead to some serious health issues as a result.
Diseases aren’t just a collection of symptoms that appear on the surface. Diseases are usually rooted in problems all the way down at the level of your genes. And it should make perfect sense, right? Your genes are essentially determining which “copies” out of you are getting printed out. If the you genes are dirty, those copies can end up being pretty crumby. So, in this special episode we have on the foremost expert in the world on dirty genes, Dr. Ben Lynch. Just sit back, take good notes, and find out how to clean those dirty genes!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What dirty genes are.
- How a young medical student became fascinated with Ayurvedic medicine.
- How your genes actually work.
- Why some genes are more static than others.
- How clean genes can actually “act dirty”.
- What SNPs are and how they control our health.
- What the Super 7 Dirty Genes are.
- What methylation is (this is crucial!).
- The best lab test to take to check your methylation efficiency.
- Why dirty genes also have certain strengths and evolutionary advantages.
- How to assist your body in processing wine (if you’re trying to get your sip on).
- Whether or not it’s necessary for you to get genetic testing done.
- Why there’s not one perfect diet for every person.
- The universal principle every diet should have in regards to how much/how frequently eat.
- Why you need folate and the critical difference between folate and folic acid (you need to know this!).
- Why sleep plays an important role as in epigenetic trigger.
- The number one thing you need to do to detox from things that dirty up your genes.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- Hydration & Water Masterclass – Episode 73
- The Principles of Stress – With Ori Hofmekler – Episode 261
- Sleep Smarter
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!