In this episode of The Model Health Show we are happy to welcome Mommy MD, Jennifer Hanes. Dr. Hanes is a board certified emergency and integrative medicine physician out of Austin, Texas. We’re truly excited to have her on the show today to share her insights about raising healthy kids by being healthier parents.
Illness is not always preventable, but it’s up to us as parents to create the conditions to give our kids the best shot possible. This episode is going to give you an incredible foundation to keep your kids healthy and happy for many years to come.
One of the biggest secrets of raising healthy kids is to be the example of health yourself. The real key is to focus on you first. Take better care of you, so that you can take better care of them. Even when you’re on an airplane they tell you to “put your mask on first before assisting your child”. This is so that you are more capable and focused to do a great job when they really need you most.
If you don’t take good care of yourself then you’re not showing up as the best version of you for your family. When you don’t have the energy, when you don’t feel good, it shows. So, today it’s time to get the blueprint for taking great care of yourself, and show up for your family better than you ever have before!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How parents can get caught up on things that are less important than their children’s health.
- What the biggest difference maker in your children’s health really is.
- Why growing numbers of our medical professionals are struggling with their own health.
- What impact sleep has on behavioral problems.
- How to shift the internal dialogue you have with yourself to make you more successful.
- How you can use accountability with your kids to ensure you take care of yourself.
- A quick and easy tip you can use to package and “present” snacks for your kids.
- What simple at-home test you can use to know if you and your kids are getting enough sleep.
- Why taking responsibility for our kids health can be so difficult.
- How calorie counting can derange your view of nutrition (and what you can learn from Bugs Bunny)
- Why food can sometimes be a substitution for satisfaction in your life.
- How the food you eat can affect your personality (are you real or fake?).
- How the “yellow sweetener” high fructose corn syrup can permanently impact your liver function.
- What this MommyMD’s top weight loss tip is (she lost 70 pounds by the way!)
- One simple tip to instantly boost your confidence, appearance, and attraction.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!