I remember playing the hot potato game when I was a little kid. The music plays, and the “hot potato” (usually a tiny beanbag) is passed around by kids in a circle. When the music stops, if you’re the unlucky one holding the potato, you’re out! The potato makes you lose.
Well, maybe that silly (and fun!) kids game was onto something. According to our guest today, if you get caught with the potato in your hand (specifically a sweet potato) then you will lose yet again… but this time the loss is in body fat.
Michael Morelli is an absolute superstar in the fitness space. With over 4 million followers and fans on his social media platforms, he’s one of the strongest voices in the health movement today. This guy is super fit, and he’s helped thousands of other people get super fit. One of the tools of the trade: The Sweet Potato Diet. It’s a real food, intelligent carb-cycling approach that just flat-out gets results.
As you’ll discover today, carb-cycling is a valuable tool that’s heavily underutilized because major media hasn’t been talking enough about it. In truth, it’s a way of eating that we’ve evolved with in many ways. Naturally we’d have periods of overfeeding, underfeeding, and basic maintenance. It would be a shift in calories and in food type. Our ratios of macronutrients (the carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) would shift much more frequently than the cookie-cutter, same-old-same-old way we tend to eat today. To tap into a way of eating that encourages a shift in your metabolism, and a way that your genes actually expect you to eat, just click play and find out the benefits of The Sweet Potato Diet!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How fitness superstar Michael Morelli hit rock bottom and ended up in his mom’s basement.
- What carb cycling is and why it’s valuable to know about.
- Why low-carb or ketogenic diets can be challenging for some people.
- The impact that small, healthy amounts of sweet potatoes can have on blood sugar long-term.
- Which culture the highest percentage of people 100+ years old who use sweet potato as a staple in their diet.
- Whether or not it’s a good idea for most people to count their calories.
- Which concentrated sweet potato nutrient is correlated with a longer lifespan.
- Whether or not you’re eating a yam or a true sweet potato.
- Why food choices for most people are not logical.
- How the sweet potato can radically upgrade most of your favorite indulgences.
- Why strict diets tend to be in opposition of human psychology.
- How to carb cycle in combination with exercise during your week.
- What your body will do to provide glucose for your brain if glucose is too low.
- Important mental shifts you need to make when working to change your body.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- EASE ⇐ Get an exclusive 15% off here!
- Top 15 Ways To Do HIIT For Fat Loss
- Connect with Michael Morelli on Instagram / Facebook / YouTube
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!