Every human has the capacity to achieve great things. That’s undeniable. But what makes the difference between those who step into that greatness, and those who let their potential dwindle and die? I think the answer to that question can be summed up in one word: will.
When the inevitable challenges arrive in the pursuit of your goals, you need the will to push through. When things don’t go your way, how’s that willpower looking then? When simply giving yourself permission to want what you really want, you have to have the will to claim it. Willpower is not a motivational idea, it’s a necessity for anything of great success.
My guest today won a Super Bowl championship in the NFL, he was voted the NFL’s fittest man, and he’s currently one of the most influential figures in the world in fitness. He will tell you that it was not his connections, it was not his natural physical attributes, it was, in fact, his will that was his superpower to help him achieve all that he has. Can you develop and flex your muscles of willpower to help you achieve your own big goals and dreams? You bet you can. And the one and only Steve Weatherford is here to help you do it.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why being alive in 2018 provides an extraordinary opportunity for education and connection.
- How Steve plays the role of Yoda for his 10-year-old son.
- Why it’s important to have people in your life who challenge you.
- What Steve’s #1 asset was in getting him to the NFL.
- How changing your perspective changes your entire world.
- Why we should all be proactively studying the personality traits of great people.
- How the way you treat people you can’t gain anything from says a lot about your character.
- How a certain degree of selfishness required in order for you to achieve your health goals.
- Why comparison is a significant problem today.
- Why we need to be mindful to not exchange our integrity for popularity.
- The difference between spending your time and investing your time.
- What it means to “self-scout” and why Steve does this on a regular basis.
- How becoming self-aware puts you in a better position to be successful.
- The 4 phases you go through when building a new habit.
- Why fear is valuable emotion.
- What makes the difference between good and great (this is powerful!).
- Why it’s important to know what your own personal agenda is when you exercise.
- Why consistency is the #1 key to your fitness success (no matter what approach you use!).
- How to recognize if you are holding back or truly going all in.
- The benefits of eccentric training (this is valuable!).
- Why the uncomfortable moments in life provide huge opportunities.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Organifi.com ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off
- How Your Level Of Self-Love Impacts Your Health, Happiness, And Success
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!