When it comes down to it, making small changes consistently is what will bring you lasting results. No matter your skill or knowledge level, there are a few simple lifestyle changes you can make to completely transform your health.
In this episode, I’m taking it back to basics and sharing some tried-and-true health tips that you can easily implement into your routine. I’ll explain a few essential nutrition, movement, and sleep tips that are scientifically proven to help you look and feel your very best. If you’re ready to take your health to the next level, today’s show is for you!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The importance of striving for better while still having appreciation for what you have.
- The approach you should consider before turning to medication or supplementation.
- How your environment influences your habits.
- How consciously building new habits can rewire your brain.
- The four levels you go through when mastering any new behavior.
- How to overcome unconscious self-sabotage.
- The two main factors that lead to embracing new behaviors.
- What conscious competence is (and how to make it part of your routine!)
- The mind-blowing link between eating greens and the brain.
- What science really says about eating fat, and how it relates to your body composition.
- What the best (plant-based and omnivorous) sources of omega-3s.
- The data behind what drinking enough water can do for your brain and body.
- The one exercise your body is truly designed to do.
- How building muscle can help you recover faster.
- Why it’s important to engage in activities you love.
- How having a screen curfew can immediately improve your sleep quality.
- The best apps for adjusting your device’s color temperature (and why it matters!)
- What a cortisol reset is, and how to know if you need one.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- The Science of Setting & Accomplishing Goals with Michael Hyatt – Episode 260
- Recharge Your Health, Motivation and Happiness with Chalene Johnson – Episode 287
- How to Stop Being Late Or Get Someone Else To Be On Time: Part 1 & Part 2
- 5 Simple (But Overlooked!) Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Cancer – Episode 291
- Battling Conflicting Diet Information with Dr. Mark Hyman – Episode 270
- Eat Fat, Get Thin by Dr. Mark Hyman
- Evening Routines That Enhance Sleep & Accelerate Fat Loss – Episode 216
- Happiness Vs. Pleasure with Dr. Robert Lustig – Episode 240
- F.lux Software
- Apple phones: Night Shift
- Android phones: Twilight App
- Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!