Albert Einstein once said, “Strange is our situation here upon Earth.” In many ways we are smack dab in the middle of realizing what we are and realizing that we have no idea what we are at the same time. Life is complex, beautiful, and definitely weird.
There are so many tricky situations, questions, and answers we can sift through to try to figure things out, but sometimes a strange solution is the order of the day.
When it comes to improving the quality of your sleep, the typical advice usually doesn’t bring much to the table. “Make sure to get 8 hours of sleep.” “Try not to eat before bed.” “Take this drug to help you sleep (even though one of the side effects is doubling your risk of early death).” No thanks. I like to sleep, but I like that being alive part as well.
There are tons of useful tips and strategies to instantly upgrade your sleep in the bestselling book Sleep Smarter. Some of the most interesting (and albeit unorthodox) tips are highlighted here in this episode. Simply listen in, take action on a couple of the tips, and see the results for yourself. Let’s do this!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How massage therapy works to improve sleep quality.
- Why so many people have elevated cortisol levels today.
- Which important hormones are secreted by the body during massage.
- What the clinically proven benefits of acupressure are (this is shocking!).
- How “gut smashing” can improve the quality of your sleep.
- How to get the full benefit of massage on a regular basis.
- How “earthing” works to reduce inflammation.
- The proven benefits that earthing has on sleep health.
- Which surfaces are conductive and enable you to get “grounded”.
- How different colors of light impact your sleep hormones.
- What strategies you can use to eliminate light pollution at night.
- How to use beneficial light therapy to improve your sleep quality.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- The Benefits of Chiropractic – The Model Health Show
- Dr. Kelly Starrett Interview – The Model Health Show
- Dr. Jeff Spencer Interview – The Model Health Show
- Ben Greenfield Interview – The Model Health Show
- The Human Charger by Valkee
- SleepSmarterBook.com <== Check out these bonuses!!!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!