Growing up I never really liked vegetables. As a matter of fact, I didn’t like very many foods at all outside of the staples of hamburgers, fish sticks, macaroni & cheese, and sandwiches. These things tasted great to my tiny palate, and set the template for my eating habits for years to come.
It surprises people when they hear that I didn’t eat my first salad until I was 25 years old. Yep, you heard that right. No green leaf doth pass my lips, and I loved thee not. But everything changed when I learned about the power food had to change my body, and there really was no looking back after that.
Since turning my health around in my early 20’s I’ve eaten more fun, exotic, and even unusual foods than you can shake a finger at. And what I’ve learned is that certain foods have actually been staples in the diets of our ancestors, but we have somehow lost sight of them in lieu of Pop Tarts and pizza.
Today’s powerhouse episode is a reintroduction to the classes of foods that all of us need to add into our diets on a regular basis. These 4 unusual foods will deliver your body more health and vitality than just about any other foods you can name. So, I pray thee enjoy the podcast and shareth with thine friends! And as Shakespeare would say today, “Let’s get it poppin’!”
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Which foods are some of the only “wild foods” that people have access to today.
- Which food is likely the highest source of potassium and an excellent free radical scavenger.
- Where to find the highest source of bioavailable iodine.
- Whether or not you should be concerned about eating sea veggies due to pollution.
- Why simply eating local might not be enough in our world today.
- Which gelatinous food can help your body maintain normal levels of antioxidants.
- Why “essential sugars” need to be a part of your nutrition strategy.
- What adaptogens are and why they’re so important.
- How to add more foods like aloe vera and sea veggies into your diet.
- What the major differences between flax and chia seeds are.
- How to make sure that your flax and chia seeds don’t get rancid.
- Why cooking certain foods (versus eating them raw) is a much safer way to eat them.
- What the #1 antioxidant food in the world is (this may surprise you!).
- Which foods have the most proven anti-cancer benefits.
- Which category of foods are critical for healthy digestion and detoxification.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- The Thyroid And Gut Connection with Dr. Jillian Teta – The Model Health Show
- TheModelHealthShow.com/ superfoods ⇐ Get the free recipe book here!
- www.FourSigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off my favorite drinks here!
- SleepSmarterBook.com <= Check out these bonuses!!!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!