Experts call it “estrogen pollution”. We are living in an era where we are bombarded with estrogenic compounds, and the health effects are extremely disturbing.
This is problem for all of us. Both men and women have estrogen receptors. These receptors are present throughout our entire bodies, from our brains to our reproductive organs. If your body is in balance, then you are producing the correct amount of estrogen endogenously (within yourself) and it’s fitting nice and snug into those receptor sites and life is good.
The problem is, our exposure to xenoestrogens (foreign estrogens from outside of yourself) are at an all-time high today. These xenoestrogens can fit right into the receptor sites for estrogen in your body and “turn on” programs that more estrogen will encourage.
For men this could mean lowered sex drive, accumulation of fat on the butt and hips, gynecomastia (man-boobs), shrinking of the reproductive organs, and many other red alerts.
For women this could lead to estrogen dominance which encourages cancers of the breasts, ovaries, and other reproductive organs, fibroid tumors, depression, decreased sex drive, and very difficult to get-rid-of body fat.
How is all of this possible with just one hormone being off? Well, it’s because your hormones control EVERYTHING about your physiology and how every cell in your body communicates with each other. It’s a pretty important roll, and if just one set of hormones is off, then every other hormone will be out-of-sync accordingly.
In steps testosterone.
Testosterone is commonly known as the “male hormone”, but that description is far too general. Every human being on the planet is dependent upon the proper function of testosterone. Yes, women have a lower percentage of testosterone than men, but it’s critical for many of the essential processes in a woman’s life. You’re going to learn about all of them today.
To help yourself be the strongest, fittest, healthiest, happiest person you can possibly be, then you’ve got to understand the role of testosterone and how to avoid exposure to the xenoestrogens we’re subjected to in our world today.
Today you’re going to learn how to boost testosterone naturally, protect yourself from dysfunctions with your sex hormones, and a whole lot more.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why there’s a “testosterone crisis” today.
- Where testosterone is produced in the body (male vs. female).
- How testosterone impacts a developing fetus (this is incredible!)
- What testosterone is responsible for in your body.
- How your sex hormones impact your personality.
- How testosterone actually gets created in your body.
- What Leydig Cells are and why they’re important.
- The dangerous (and scary) side effects of having low testosterone.
- Common things that can lower your testosterone levels.
- How a vasectomy can impact testosterone levels.
- The shocking relationship between cholesterol and your sex hormones.
- How aromatization can steal your precious testosterone.
- 5 supplements that can block aromatization.
- Why dietary fat is critical to testosterone production (and your overall health).
- How bottled water could be increasing your estrogen levels.
- What foods and food additives can disrupt your sex hormones.
- 8 natural testosterone boosting supplements (this is a must know info!)
- How selenium can improve hormone function and protect against cancer.
- 10 ways to naturally boost your testosterone!
- What form of exercise is proven to boost your testosterone level.
- Whether or not sex will raise or lower your testosterone (in men and women).
- How to boost your testosterone by 20% in just two minutes (do this now!)
- The amazing way that sleep impacts your testosterone.
- How to assist your body in eliminating excess estrogen (and block reabsorption).
Items mentioned in this episode include:
* Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
* The Hormone Cure with Dr. Sara Gottfried – Model Health Podcast
* Boost Your Fat Loss With These 5 Tips For A Healthy Liver – Model Health Podcast
* Natural Treatment For Heart Disease (Cholesterol Confusion) – Model Health Podcast
* 7 Fat Loss Herbs That Really Work – Model Health Podcast
* Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are – TedTalk
* Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
* Improve Your Digestion, Assimilation, And Elimination – Model Health Podcast
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!