In this episode of The Model Health Show we’re talking about one of the hottest health topics in our world today: Eating gluten-free. Is eating a gluten-free diet really healthy? Can a gluten-free diet help us lose weight and have more energy? And what the heck is gluten anyway?! You’re about to discover all that and more in today’s episode.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why switching from conventional “white” flour to healthy “wholegrain” flour is not very effective.
- The story of a debilitated asthmatic child I worked with (don’t worry, there’s a happy ending).
- Why eating gluten-free will not reverse autoimmune diseases for many people.
- What is gluten? And what gluten does to your food.
- What gliadin is and the impact it has on your body.
- How 100 PERCENT of people are experiencing harmful effects of eating gluten.
- What in the world a zonulin is (it’s about to get sci-fi in your belly!)
- Why every-single-person (including YOU) is “gluten sensitive” regardless of testing.
- What causes autoimmune diseases.
- What Scooby Doo has to do with the wheat we eat today.
- How phytates and anti-nutrients impact your body.
- Why wheat and other plants have toxic compounds in them that hurt humans.
- The 5 reasons that eating gluten-free is dangerous.
- How Asian cultures figured out thousands of years ago that brown rice is not ideal for eating.
- The compounds found in gluten-free foods that are very similar to gluten.
- Why gluten-free oats, rice, and even corn can be problematic for gluten sensitive people.
- Is quinoa the safe, gluten-free grain to set us free?
- How eating gluten-free can cause nutrient deficiencies.
- How consuming gluten-free foods can cause you to overeat.
- Why gluten-free foods are causing diabetes and insulin resistance.
- My personal pancake story (the end result: Delicious).
- Why putting gluten-free on a pedestal is a mistake (because people aren’t really changing behavior).
- Why gluten-free foods are causing hormonal problems and making people obese.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!