Something’s not adding up. We’ve got more gyms, more fitness classes, and more health food stores per person in the U.S. than any other country in the world. Yet, we are continuously at the top of the list of countries with the most obesity and chronic illness.
Either we just need to make our continent into one massive gym to get this right, or there’s something left out of the equation that we’ve been missing.
On today’s show, we’re covering what this very thing is with one of the most skilled and well-respected fitness experts in the world, Luka Hocevar. Luka’s story is incredible in and of itself (which you’ll hear on the show). But what he’s doing right now, and the impact he’s making, is flat out remarkable. He’s going to share with you what EVERY effective exercise program must have, whether you’re an elite athlete or a stay-at-home parent who’s just wanting to get in better shape. Plus, you’re going to learn about this ancient old, yet, brand new concept of movement hygiene. And I think it just might change your life. So, just click play, listen in, and enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Which food has every essential fatty acid, essential amino acid, and essential sugar.
- Why traveling outside of your local area is so important and 3 major things you gain from it.
- How Luka skated between a parallel life of crime and competitive sports.
- Why the rise in gym membership rates in the U.S. has hardly made a dent in the obesity rate.
- Why our culture needs to put more of an emphasis on recovery.
- How your body budgets its daily energy.
- The #1 thing you need to make a great workout plan work for you.
- What movement hygiene is.
- Why sitting frequently is not the problem.
- Two valuable mobility drills to do on a regular basis.
- Why many lower back and disc injuries are due to lack of mobility elsewhere in the body.
- Why it’s not a good idea to change multiple habits at once.
- How getting small wins can lead to bigger results.
- The 7 essential parts of any training program.
- Why zebras don’t get ulcers but humans do.
- How training for power can help prevent injuries.
- The 3 things your nutrition needs to do for you.
- Which character traits can help you to be successful in your fitness (and in your life).
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Squatty Potty ⇐ Get yours right here at an exclusive 15% off!
- How Self-Love Impacts Your Health – Episode 269
- Connect with Luka Instagram / YouTube / Website
- Spark by Dr. John J. Ratey
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert M. Sapolsky
- Luka’s Hip Mobility Circuit
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!