There is an absolute epidemic of people struggling with thyroid problems, yet it’s a quite story that most people never talk about.
Today we are targeting one of the biggest health issues facing our world today. Thyroid problems can be the underlying cause for everything from tremendous weight loss hardships to extremely low energy levels (aka chronic fatigue.) Today brings the hope of many breakthrough moments for so many people who’ve been living a quite life of desperation. There are solutions available. And it starts with finally understanding the underlying cause.
Not only are you going to uncover what’s at the root of most thyroid problem, but you’re going to have a comprehensive approach to testing, a entirely new understanding of how your diet relates to your thyroid function, and how things like exercise and stress also play a strange, key role that you may have never realized before.
We are fortunate to have on renown physician Dr. Jillian Teta to help us understand the remarkable thyroid and gut health connection, and I promise you this will be a total game changer.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the thyroid really is and why it’s so important.
- How your thyroid works and what can go wrong with its function.
- What can block the conversion of your thyroid hormone from “inactive” to “active”.
- How your gut health profoundly impacts the function of your thyroid.
- What the difference is between Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Grave’s disease.
- Why heavy metals can be a big problem for your thyroid gland.
- The surprising way that thyroid hormone impacts your gut lining,
- How constipation can influence your hormone function (this is critical to know!).
- How thyroid hormone helps to regulate your immune system function.
- How to ensure that you have healthy gut motility.
- Why you need to be careful with goitrogens in this healthy class of foods if you have thyroid problems.
- Why sleep and de-stressing is so important for digestive health.
- How gluten is directly related to autoimmune diseases.
- Why thyroid medications like Synthroid work for some people but not for others.
- What labs you need to get done for a more comprehensive look at your thyroid function.
- How chronically elevated stress can contribute to autoimmune diseases.
- How to exercise intelligently to help support normal thyroid function.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Natural Solutions For Digestive Health – The Model Health Show
- Bag Lady – Erica Badu
- Hal Elrod Interview – The Model Health Show
- Benefits Of Cold Thermogenesis – The Model Health Show
- 5-Day Thyroid-Gut School
- SleepSmarterBook.com <== Check out these bonuses!!!
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!