We take for granted that products on the store shelves are, not only good for us, but safe as well. Little do we realize that industries involved in things like supplements and personal care products are largely unregulated.
To take it even further… many companies are allowed to use ingredients that are known to be toxic to the human body (several of them banned in other countries outside the U.S.). Yet, here we are brushing, rubbing, shampooing, and soaking ourselves in chemical soups each day, blind-as-a-bat to the hazardous effects (and keep these products out of your eyes or it might not just be a figure of speech).
The issue is so grand, but I wanted to put a nice PSA together to talk about a few of the most pervasive and problematic chemicals in popular personal care products. Take good notes, and take action on what you see fit. And definitely share this one with the people you care about. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The surprising percentage of compounds that can enter your body through your skin.
- Interesting everyday things that your skin absorbs.
- One of the few natural supplements that’s PROVEN to increase physical strength and endurance.
- The #1 thing you want to avoid in conventional deodorants.
- How antiperspirants actually work.
- Why it’s more important to lower your overall toxic load (and not eliminate every imperfect personal care product you have).
- Which chemical (found in lotions, shampoo, and many other products) has been found to concentrate itself in human breast tissue.
- The potentially harmful compound used to give shampoos and detergents it’s liquid consistency.
- How many “anti-aging” creams ironically accelerate the aging of your skin.
- What overlooked activity your cell membranes are responsible for.
- The shocking truth about baby oil.
- How labeling ingredients as “Fragrance” on products gives manufacturers a dangerous free pass.
- What impacts chemical dyes may be having on your health.
- How to find amazing personal care products that are free of The Sinister 6!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model <== Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Thrive Market Exclusive – 25% off your entire 1st order + free shipping!
- The Secret Life Of Your Immune System – Episode 166
- The Pros & Cons Of Coconut Oil – Episode 227
- Marketing Artificial Color To Children Should Be Illegal – Vani Hari
- Real Solutions For ADHD – With Dr. John Gray – Episode 221
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!