When it comes down to it, performance is a key aspect of everything we do. Whether it’s in our relationships, jobs, or physical fitness, the ability to perform at a high level is what creates incredible results.
Sharpening that ability begins with building a strong foundation. Many people want to jump to achieving an end result, while not realizing the importance of putting in the work and mastering the basics. Physically, this can manifest in a whole host of problems. Without a strong foundation in place, we can develop faulty patterns that negatively affect our movement, posture, and strength.
My guest on today’s show is Peter Park, former Ironman triathlete, ultramarathon runner, and strength and conditioning coach. Peter has 28 years of experience training everyone from elite athletes to everyday folks. On today’s show, Peter is sharing the guiding principles from his proven methods, sharing what it means to go slow to go fast, and discussing the importance of ensuring your body is functional, no matter your current skill level.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How making connections can help you reach your potential.
- What inspired Peter to pivot from focusing on himself to training others.
- The importance of finding balance in the way you approach training.
- How helping others reach their goals can be enlightening.
- The difference between outworking and overworking.
- Why using fat as a primary energy source changed Peter’s training.
- How building a strong aerobic base can help you recover faster.
- What it means to “go slow to go fast.”
- Why you have to earn the right to lift weights.
- The importance of acting as a safety net for your children.
- How to appropriately and safely implement interval training.
- Why listening to what your body needs throughout time is the key to success.
- Why so many professional athletes are missing basic functional patterns.
- The most important fundamental movements we all need to master.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Onnit.com/Model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off
- Rebound by Peter Park, Jesse Lopez Low, Jussi Lomakka, and Jeff King Website / Amazon
- Foundation by Dr. Eric Goodman and Peter Park
- Platinum Fitness Summerland
- Connect with Peter Twitter / Instagram
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!